Monday, September 1, 2008

Our New Born...



Mark has been calling Sara "Our Newborn" since the day she was born, well she turned 16 in February and is quite the little lady now. Today was an exciting day for her. After getting a 94 in June on her written driver's test and completing 6 hours of driving lessons today.... She received her driver's permit!!!! We are so proud of her. She is super excited! Mark took her out this afternoon for a bit but they made each other a bit nervous since it was her first time driving our van. He took her out a few times in our 1992 Tracker which is way smaller and had no problems. I plan on taking the girls to the mall tomorrow to get the first day of school outfits since everything new they have is long sleeve and it will be too warm for them to wear on Wednesday. Sara has begged me to let her drive. Reluctantly, I said ok because we have to go on the highway but there are no lights and everyone should be in work by the time we go at 11am. I will be on top of her with my eyes not my mouth as not to make her nervous but her sisters will be with us and I have to make sure they keep quiet as well. Wish us luck... LOL

3 comments:

Lindsay Spencer said...

I hope it went well. Isn't that crazy to see your little girl driving?

Thanks so much for my prize. You're too sweet. I love that stamps set. And I've been wanting some of that felt trim. Thank you, thank you.

Corey W. said...

Congrats Sara!!!!!


Kim - oh dear - I dread that day and am so glad you have to do it before me! lol

Marti said...

That is awesome Sara, a new exciting adventure for you!!! I remember the day I got mine, forever ago of course. Enjoy it and drive safely!!!