Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Scrappin' Chics June Challenge

Hello Ladies. Can you believe it is June 1st already!?!  Today kicks off our June challenge at Scrappin' Chics Challenge Blog .  Our theme this month is to use the sun with an inspirational theme. 



I altered a wood sun that I purchased at  Say It with Letters.  You have to stop by this store.  Deb makes top quality products and has an awesome Design Team to share ideas with you.  Trust me, you won't be disappointed.  Deb and Say It with Letters will be sponsoring our October Challenge!

The inspirational saying was written by my nephew who passed away a year ago, March.  He loved writing.  "A wise person is not judged by the amount of knowledge they possess but is judged by the knowledge they spread to uplift others."  Daryl Lynwood Day   

I will be mailing this to my cousin Kelly to hang in her studio.  (even though Daryl is actually my 2nd cousin, he called me Aunt Kim).  I miss him so much and he will be in my heart forever.  He gave the best hugs!!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

This is great!! I will def have to go check them out!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

I really like your sun hanging. It is so happy overall.

thekolbes said...

I love this. What an amazing man your nephew was.
Trish

Dana's Crafty Corner said...

Awesome!!!

Dana
Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com